Date:      Mon, 17 Sep 2001 13:44:20 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@starjuice.net>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Recent changes to libdialog are weird

Hi folks,

Recently, libdialog's use of tab, space and enter seems to have changed.
Now, space and enter mean the same thing.  Before, enter was a
context-insensitive short-cut to the currently selected dialogue
"submit" button.

What many folks may not realize is that the new behaviour, while "safer"
than what we had before, makes libdialog behave differently from at
least Motif, Windows, JavaAWT, JavaSwing.

So what we have now is a libdialog that protects the finger-happy, while
confounding those who expect "pretty standard behaviour".

I reckon if sysinstall needs to be weird, sysinstall should use its own
weird version of libdialog and leave the distributed libdialog alone.

Ciao,
Sheldon.